I’m going to fail you today. I don’t have the answers. I’ve got some ideas. I’ve got techniques for making sure your readers make it all the way to your last sentence, but not the end-all, be-all. I’m hoping you can fill in the blanks. Because a guide can just guide you. At the end of the day, you got to make the right move to succeed.
This whole idea of getting readers to develop an interest in your blog/story/content or anything which is content-driven. What makes you really special or stand out for your readers is the fact that you understand them better than them, then you will be able to keep your readers reading. So, while we are at it. The research is important and your final product should be better than the one your competitor is offering. Then you can actually expect which is good product.
Without further ado, here are 10 tricks you can use to keep your readers engaged. Of course, not all techniques will work for all writers (but work for me as for WowEssays.com writer); mix and match as you will.
- A good hook. But don’t be too transparent, and make sure the hook fits the content.
- Avoid the inverted pyramid. Withhold some important information until the end.
- Don’t head straight to your point. Take a detour.
- Use the active voice and short, simple sentences. Punctuate only when necessary.
- Be funny. Use a light, humorous tone, even if you don’t make readers laugh out loud.
- Discover your own voice. Be unique. Capture that first-draft, over-caffeinated, 4 a.m. style.
- Use precise, exciting verbs. Revise every bland action out of your writing.
- Don’t make statements; ask questions and then answer them later.
- Let your passion for the topic shine through. If you don’t have passion, fake it.
- Don’t let anything get resolved. Don’t let your readers lean back in their chair.
Getting readers to engage is not an easy task. You got to make the right choice when it comes to understanding your readers. What really counts here are the factors involving their interests. Secondly, the medium you are trying to target them based on your content. Different techniques are being used depending on the audience. So, do let us know what techniques do you use to ensure reader engagement? Share them in the comments, and I’ll add the best to my list.9