Botox offers optimal results not only in the field of aesthetics but also in the elimination of certain pathologies. Botox is applied by injections in the area to be treated. Its effect lasts about 5 to 6 months.
- Always work with an accredited health service provider who uses sealed ampoules for treatments. You can also ask to be confirmed that you are receiving an FDA-approved filler. Never use injectable fillers from non-accredited providers or in non-medical settings, such as hotels or private homes.
- Always ask your accredited health service provider for the patient information label on injectable anti-wrinkle fillers approved by the FDA and read it.
- Always know the kind of product to be injected and all its possible side effects. Know where each of the products used will be injected. Talk to your accredited health service provider if you have any questions.
- Never buy dermal fillers online. They can be false or harmful or be contaminated.
- Never inject any type of filler or liquid silicone to outline the figure. It means that you should never use breast fillings, buttocks, or for the spaces between the muscles. These products, including certain types of injectable silicon, are dangerous and can cause serious injury or death.
How dermal fillers work to smooth wrinkles?
Wrinkles happen. As we age, the tone of our face muscles increases. This increase in tone with reduced collagen metabolism causes wrinkles. Wrinkles get worse from smoking and sun exposure.
Many people are not happy with wrinkles and try to undo the work of Mother Nature through procedures such as Botox injection and Injections of Dermal fillers in Edmonton. Botox (botulinum toxin) injection essentially works to paralyze facial muscles and decrease their facial muscles. Muscle tone, temporarily smoothing wrinkles. However, Botox injection is usually the first step in facial rejuvenation, and deeper wrinkles should also be filled with dermal filler. It should be noted that skin fillers are also used to give the lips, nose, chin, and other parts of the face a complete appearance.
Proper injection of Botox and dermal filler requires a lot of skill and practice, and should preferably be performed by a specialist doctor such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Like the different botulinum toxin formulations, dermal fillers also come in different iterations. Also, although rare, dermal fillers by injection can cause adverse effects. Before choosing to place a dermal filler, here are some things you should know.
- Hyaluronic acid derivatives such as Juvederm and Restalyne are biopolymers of glycosaminoglycans and very similar to substances found in the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. Hyaluronic acid derivatives are used to fill in fine wrinkles and increase or fill the lips. The effect of this filling usually lasts between four and six months. Also, having very few adverse effects, hyaluronic acid derivatives are good because the excess injection can be reversed with the hyaluronidase enzyme.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiance FN) is a component of bone that can be used outside the tag to increase soft tissue on the face, including nasolabial folds (smile lines or laugh lines). When injected into the surface, calcium hydroxyapatite can cause lumps and nodules. Therefore, these fillers should be injected more deeply (subdermally) in the face.
- Autologous fat is fat extracted from a person’s own body and then injected into their face. Autologous fat is used to reconstitute the face and give it more volume. Data on the duration of autologous fat injection are limited, but some believe that treatment with this filler will last a lifetime.
- Collagen of human origin (Cosmoderm and Cosmoplast) is used to fill facial wrinkles and fill lips because the prevalence of allergic reactions (hypersensitivity) is low.
- Bovine collagen (bovine means cow) is mainly used to increase the lips and nasolabial folds — for example, Zyderm and Zyplast. About 3% of patients are allergic to bovine collagen. Therefore, skin testing before an application is a good idea. The effects of bovine collagen last between two and four months.
Although dermal filler injection in the face may seem simple, it is not. Without proper training, a doctor can cause serious damage with a filled syringe. Because the dermal fillers treatment provider in Edmonton is nuanced, it is probably better for a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to perform the procedure.4