Don’t be hurry to resolve this error, Fist know its cause why is your QuickBooks show this error 6123? Then, solve this error with the expert procedure. Whenever something happens there could be any reason and when we know the reason then it becomes easy to solve any problem. So without wasting time let’s know its cause and procedures to fix QuickBooks error 6123.
QuickBooks error 6123 occurs when you update your client’s record on QuickBooks desktop or try to open a document that saved on other PC. We know it could be risky but if you attend the Quickbooks student discount program then you can easily manage your accounting work with QuickBooks. Let’s come to fix this QB error by these below solutions.
Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Solution(1) – Set up all settings of the .nd and .tlg files
The record name expansions – .nd and .tlg might be obscure to you yet they are a piece of QuickBooks documents. These records contain the design and settings required to open QuickBooks in a multi-client condition.
When the .nd and .tlg records become degenerate because of some explanation, it could result in QuickBooks error 6000 or 6123. A straightforward answer to fix this issue is to renaming these records. There is no damage in renaming these records as it doesn’t create any information misfortune. Truth be told, when you utilize the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to rescan, these documents will be consequently made. Here are the means to rename the .nd and .tlg documents.
(1.1)Explore to the envelope having your organization record
In the subsequent stage, you need to scan for documents with expansion .nd and .tlg. Ensure these records have indistinguishable names from your organization documents, for example:
- (organization name _file).qbw.nd
- Organization name _file).qbw.tlg
- Presently, right-click the records and select the Rename choice
To separate records, include “OLD” or some other expression of your decision toward the finish of the document. Recollect you need to add the word to the augmentation and not the record name.
- (organization name _file).qbw.nd.OLD
- (organization name _file).qbw.tlg.OLD
- Open QuickBooks and sign in to your organization record. On the off chance that the mistake continues, move to the next arrangement.
Solution(2) – Set Proper Folder Permissions
- Right-click the envelope where the organization record is found and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Security tab and afterward click Advanced.
- Select QBDataServiceUserXX and afterward click on Edit alternative.
- Ensure the accompanying settings are set to Allowed:
- Cross Folder/Execute File
- Rundown Folder/Read Data
- Understand Attributes
- Peruse Extended Attributes
- Make Files/Write Data
- Make Folders/Append Data
- Compose Attributes
- Compose Extended Attributes
- Understand Permissions
On the off chance that you see the organizer settings are not set to “Permitted”, you have to make changes to the envelope consents by following the means given underneath:
- Press the Windows logo key and E at the same time on the console to open File Explorer.
- Explore to the organizer where the organization record is found.
- Right-click the organizer and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to Security tab and select Everyone.
- On the off chance that Everyone’s choice isn’t recorded, you have to include it.
- Snap-on Add and type Everyone in the case.
- Snap OK and select Full Control alternative.
- Snap Apply and afterward click OK to close window
Note: You have to change envelope consents to all organizers given in the rundown beneath. There is a likelihood that a few envelopes’ names may not be in your QuickBooks establishment. This is on the grounds that various forms of QuickBooks Desktop may have various organizers. One thing you should recollect is to change organizer consents just in the event that they exist on your PC. Here is the rundown of the envelopes whose consents should be set to Full Control.
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6.0
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v5
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v3
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
- C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = variant) or C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX.
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT
- C:\Program Data\COMMON FILES\INTUIT\QUICKBOOKS
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\FAMXX (XX = year)
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company
- Files\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions X.0 (X = rendition) or C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Sample Company Files\QuickBooks 20XX (where XX = year).
After you have changed the organizer name, open QuickBooks and sign in to your organization record. In the event that the mistake stays uncertain, move to the next arrangement.
Solution(3) – Move the Company document
In the event that the way of the envelope where your organization record is found is excessively long or confounded, the product may experience difficulty getting to it. A basic answer to this issue is moving the organization document to another area. You can take a stab at duplicating the record to the work area and check whether it settles the issue. Here are the means to pursue:
- Explore to the envelope where your organization record is found
- Search records that have a similar document name as your organization name yet with QBW augmentation.
- Right-click on document and snap Copy
- Explore to work area. Right-click anyplace on the work area and snap Paste
- Hold down Ctrl key and open QuickBooks. This will take you to No Company Open window.
- Select Open and explore to the work area.
- Select the organization document that you had replicated to Desktop.